Twycross Zoo’s award winning Education Department offers a variety of discovery opportunities for many different types of groups and parties.
Amongst other awards, the Zoo holds the Learning Outside the Classroom Quality Badge.
All sessions are curriculum linked and are designed to best engage all age groups, including STEM projects for Key Stage 1, 2 and 3.
- 60,000 children come as part of an education visit to Twycross Zoo each year
- 25,000 take park in an educational workshop
- All Education Officers are DBS checked
- We hold the Learning Outside the Classroom Quality Badge
- Winner or Commended received at national BIAZA awards in Best Education category seven times in the last 10 years
- 7,000 students per annum pass through specialist STEM based programmes
- We also offer workshops and sessions for community groups from 4yrs +
Twycross Zoo has won a People’s Postcode Lottery Grant!
Pupils from six local primary schools are taking part in special after-school clubs at Twycross Zoo, thanks to kind support from the players of the People’s Postcode Lottery.
Eight year olds have been given the opportunity to come and learn about the natural world with their classmates. In the Eco Rangers Club, they get to learn about the natural world around them through special visits to the Zoo. These interactive and fun sessions also teach children how to protect nature in their own community in practical ways- by making bat boxes, insect hotels and much more!
Thank you very much to the players of the People’s Postcode Lottery for your support for the Eco-Rangers club.