Here at Twycross Zoo we believe that our connection with nature should be explored from an early age and that engaging with animals can be a powerful experience for young children. This is why we have carefully developed pre-school sessions based on the early years foundation stage (EYFS) statutory framework, providing a solid foundation and equal learning opportunities for all. These 30 minute sessions can accommodate up to 20 children and concentrate on a hands on approach, using observational skills which involve all the senses in a safe and nurturing environment. All sessions involve a chance to meet animal(s), increasing the learning potential and enabling children to engage in new experiences
This interactive 30 minute session will introduce early year’s children to the wonderful diverse world of animals! Children will learn about the differences between mammals, reptiles, birds and insects, and have the opportunity to meet some of our friendlier creatures in real life! Our hands on approach enables children to explore different textures, colours and patterns and encourages them to engage in exciting new experiences in a safe and nurturing environment.
No Phones in the Forest
This session is a story based session that teaches children how animals communicate in the wild. Children will learn how animals use their senses to find their families.
Our EYFS sessions can accommodate up to 20 children at a time. These sessions are suitable for 4-5 year olds.
For more information or to book, call us on 01827 883140 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Workshop and Education Officer Feedback:
- “All the children were focussed and engaged for the whole session”
- “The teaching staff today were excellent, very enthusiastic!”
- “Session was very interactive and relevant to their unit at school”
- “All the teachers and all of the children were captivated by Asim. He was unflappable when bombarded with questions. His passion and knowledge was outstanding.”
- “I cannot believe the amount of information my class had taken on board and, more importantly, understood.”
- “A must for any teacher wanting their zoo trip to have a real education focus”