Twycross Zoo Invites you to ‘Apes & Grapes’ Conservation Talks and Wine Tasting Evening
Working to preserve endangered species requires a multi-level approach, and here at Twycross Zoo; we work hard both in the zoo, and abroad to support our conservation partner’s, to help save endangered species and their habitats.
Join us on the evening on Saturday 15th July to celebrate ape conservation; meet our conservation partners working in ape endangered countries, raise a glass to wildlife and enjoy a relaxing stroll around the Zoo.
- Dates: Saturday 15th July 2017
- Times: 5pm – 8.30pm
- Parking: Free
- Ages: All attendees must be 18 or older; photo ID will be required
- Entry price: £18 non-members, £14 members, £10 designated driver tickets
- Tickets: must be booked in advance; 01827 883 140
- Restaurant meal: yes, in addition to the above, The View Restaurant will be open serving a two course, specially prepared menu – see below for details and costs…
Your ticket includes…
The ticket price includes Zoo admission and five wine-tasting tickets, also ‘grazing snacks’ at each kiosk, plus conservation talks.
Additional wine will be available to purchase, by the glass at select locations around the Zoo.
You will also have the opportunity to buy your favourite wine by the bottle at the end of your evening.
This wine-tasting experience will also feature educational talks on a selection of our animals, from staff, conservation partners and keepers.
Designated Driver tickets are available for just £10 and includes Zoo admission and soft drinks. Designated Driver ticket holders are not permitted to consume alcohol at the event.
Special Evening Menu, in The View restaurant
In addition to the Apes and Grapes wine tasting and zoo entry ticket, you can also enjoy our specially prepared evening menu for this event, for just £12.50 per head, in The View Restaurant, in the Himalaya building…
A starter trio of…
- Spiced tortilla chips, with coriander salsa & lime pickle
- Honey & Sesame Seed Bangers
- Buffalo Chicken Wings
A choice of main courses…
- Fish Finger Sandwich; Chunky tartare, crispy chips & dipping peas.
- Jungle Curry; Thai chicken curry, coconut sticky rice & mini poppadoms.
- Main Course Salads; Chargrilled Chicken with Caesar dressing, thyme & parmesan croutons. Or – Kale with roasted beets, with chickpeas, lentils, crumbled feta & toasted walnuts.
- Pizzas; Classic Margherita with cow’s milk mozzarella, tomato sauce, pesto & torn fresh basil leaves. Or Spicy Meat Feast: Chorizo, sliced salami, pepperoni, fire roasted peppers, sliced chillies & spinach. Or BBQ Chicken: In house BBQ chicken, sticky onions, vine roasted tomatoes & rocket.
You can also walk-in on the evening, but we expect this to be very popular, so do advise booking ahead, please call: 01827 883 161
Supporting conservation and preserving endangered species
There are some amazing people working hard, in often difficult and challenging situations, to help conserve animal species, and the habitats that animals and people depend on.
Successful conservation initiatives are long-term projects that rely on support from zoos like Twycross Zoo.
Twycross Zoo supports several conservation field projects, including those for bonobos, chimpanzees, gorillas and gibbons.
These vital field activities can help to ensure we can preserve these amazing animals for the future.
Join us, and learn more about Twycross Zoo’s ape conservation and other projects we’re involved in, at our Apes an Grapes Conservation Talk and Wine Tasting and Evening – by doing so you will help us, to help ape conservation, as you do with every single zoo visit.
All attendees must be 18 or older; photo ID will be required.
All tickets must be booked in advance, we cannot accept walk-ins on the day. Please book in advance, as we think this will be a very popular event; call: 01827 883 140
Want to become a member and save money on your ticket > Twycross Zoo membership