BIAZA Big Bug Bonanza at Twycross Zoo
Creepy crawlies, bugs, slugs, snails and other mini-beasts galore!
Activities throughout the week include; bug handling, nature reserve bug hunting visits, making habitats, arts, crafts, honey tasting, enrichment creation, creation of artwork through the week to decorate the zoo (hanging butterflies in house, creepy crawly trail in chalk along conservation way), and loads more…
- Dates: All week – Monday 7th – Friday 11th August
- Times: normal Zoo opening times: 10am – 6pm
- Cost: normal Zoo admission: pay on the door, or save 5% by booking online > Book Twycross Zoo Tickets
- Parking: Free
- Pop Badge: yes, for members > Twycross Zoo Membership
What are the aims of BIAZA Big Bug Bonanza…
- To raise awareness of the importance of invertebrate life in ecosystems
- To elicit positive attitudes to invertebrates by the general public
- To encourage positive behaviours towards invertebrates.
Drop-in activities, daily throughout the week…
10am – 5pm: Bug based crafts and games at the Butterfly House.
12.30 & 2pm: Meet the Bugs at the Butterfly House – meet some of our resident creepy crawlies and get up close and personal with friendly bugs including giant snails, roaches and beetles. Also- find out discuss importance of bugs and how to help bugs.
3.30pm: Bug Hunting in the Nature Reserve – come and find out more about our native species, see who you can find, and how you can attract them to your garden at home.
Daily Animal Talks
Carried out by our knowledgeable and enthusiastic Education Rangers.
Our ten minute talks cover information about individual animals, how species live in the wild, what we are doing to help them and how you can help from home.
As well as a whole range of foods and drinks, made freshly, daily, why not also try a bug themed biscuit – available from the Vine Café in the Himalaya building.
Keep in touch…
- Join our mailing list for – events details, offers, competitions, news, and more > Twycross Zoo Mailing List
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TwycrossZoo
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/twycrosszoo
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/TwycrossZoo
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/twycrosszoo