Conservation Club 2017 – Saturday Morning Activity Group for 8 – 12 year olds
Starts: Saturday 10th June for 6-weeks.
Twycross Zoo Conservation Club is based around all things animals, wildlife and the environment, and runs every Saturday morning, in 6 week blocks (roughly term time).
As well as a fun and engaging activities, children are provided with more of an understanding of why animals are endangered and how we can all help to protect them.
We will be covering a range of topics including: Pets, animal training, native species, education, breeding programmes and deforestation.
Activities and learning include…
Making enrichment (discovery items) for the animals,
Cleaning out enclosures,
Trails, crafts, quizzes
- Ages: 8 – 12 year olds
- Cost: £36 for non-members (for full 6 weeks) and £27 for Twycross Zoo Members (for full 6 weeks)
- Dates: 6-weeks: Saturday 10th, 17th, 24th June, 1st, 8th, 15th July
- Dates: 6-weeks: Saturday 9th, 16th, 23rd, 30th, September, 7th & 14th October.
- Dates: 6-weeks: Saturday 4th, 11th, 18th, 25th November, 2nd, 9th December.
- Times: 10.30am – 12.30pm
- Drop off: Meet in Vine Café in Himalaya (entrance to the Zoo area)
- Booking: This has to be done in advance and for the 6-weeks in full; unfortunately you can’t book individual days and we are unable to accommodate walk-ins. This is because the sessions follow on from each other as a full 6-week programme.
A typical morning at Conservation Club includes…
Meet, welcome and introductions with Discovery Staff and other club members,
- Starter activity – a short activity to start thinking about the theme of the session – could be a game or a quiz etc.
- Activities – could be any number of activities (each week is different) could be hands-on, enrichment, cleaning out, exploration, arts and crafts; for example;
- cleaning out pets – understanding the role of a keeper.
- Visiting the nature reserve and making a bug home – understanding our role in conservation of native species.
- Creating create interp./information for education on animals.
- Trails around the zoo linked to breeding program and deforestation ( 2 different).
- Recap activity – a short activity to sum up the activities and themes for the day,
- Return to Himalaya to be signed out and meet parents.
As a general rule we try to include one activity indoors and one activity outdoors wherever possible. Activities can vary from week to week.
Book your places now…
Places are limited, so we advise booking as early as possible to avoid missing out;
- Call: 01827 883 140
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also be interested in..
- Conservation Club – weekend activity group for 8 – 12 year olds > details
- Zoo Club – half term and school holiday club for 8 – 14 year olds > details
- Zoo Rangers – Saturday afternoon activity club for 13 – 17 year old > details
- Zooniversity – summer holiday activity group for 15 – 18 year olds > details
Find out more about
Twycross Zoo membership
Follow us on Facebook
Twycross Zoo Facebook
Join our mailing list
Get the latest events details, offers, competitions, news, and more, direct to your inbox
Twycross Zoo Mailing List
NOTE: times and day to day activities can be subject to change due to circumstances beyond our control. But we will ensure you still have a fantastic day and undertake as many of the activities as possible.