Conservation Club 2017 – Weekend Activity Group for 8 – 12 year olds
Starts: Saturday 4th March 2017 for 6weeks.
Twycross Zoo Conservation Club is based around all things animals, wildlife and the environment, and runs every Saturday morning, in 6 week blocks (roughly term time), from Saturday 4th March 2017.
As well as a fun and engaging activities, children are provided with more of an understanding of why animals are endangered and how we can all help to protect them.
Activities and learning include…
- Making enrichment (discovery toys) for the animals,
- Cleaning out enclosures,
- Trails, crafts, quizzes
- and more…
- Ages: 8 – 12 year olds
- Cost: £36 for non-members (for full 6 weeks) and £12 for Twycross Zoo Members (for full 6 weeks)
- Dates: Starts on Saturday 4th March 2017, and then every Saturday morning for x 6 weeks: so all the dates are: March 4th, 11th, 18th and 25th, April 1st and 8th.
- Times: 10.30am – 12.30pm
- Drop off: Meet in Himalaya (entrance to the Zoo area) by tourist gateway to be registered with Discovery Staff.
- Booking: This has to be done in advance and for the 6-weeks in full; all 6 weeks must be booked in advance, unfortunately you can’t book individual days and we are unable to accommodate walk-ins. This is because the sessions follow on from each other as a full 6-week programme.
- Pop Badge: Yes – for members >> Twycross Zoo Membership
A typical morning at Conservation Club includes…
- Meet, welcome and introductions with Discovery Staff and other club members,
- Starter activity – a short activity to start thinking about the theme of the session – could be a game or a quiz etc.
- Activities – could be any number of activities (each week is different) could be hands-on, enrichment, cleaning out, exploration, arts and crafts
- Recap activity – a short activity to sum up the activities and themes for the day
- Return to Himalaya to be signed out and meet parents.
As a general rule we try to include one activity indoors and one activity outdoors wherever possible. Activities can vary from week to week.
Book your places now…
Places are limited, so we advise booking as early as possible to avoid missing out;
- Call: 01827 883 140
- Email: email@example.com
You may also be interested in..