Conservation Club 2017 – Weekend Activity Group for 8 – 12 year olds
Starts: Saturday 29th April for 6-weeks, and also 10th June for 6-weeks.
Twycross Zoo Conservation Club is based around all things animals, wildlife and the environment, and runs every Saturday morning, in 6 week blocks (roughly term time).
As well as a fun and engaging activities, children are provided with more of an understanding of why animals are endangered and how we can all help to protect them.
Activities and learning include…
Making enrichment (discovery toys) for the animals,
Cleaning out enclosures,
Trails, crafts, quizzes
- Ages: 8 – 12 year olds
- Cost: £36 for non-members (for full 6 weeks) and £27 for Twycross Zoo Members (for full 6 weeks)
- Frist session of 6-weeks: 29th April, 6th, 13th, 20th, 27th May and 3rd June.
- Second session of 6-weeks: 10th, 17th, 24th June, 1st, 8th, 15th July
- Times: 10.30am – 12.30pm
- Drop off: Meet in Himalaya (entrance to the Zoo area) by tourist gateway to be registered with Discovery Staff.
- Booking: This has to be done in advance and for the 6-weeks in full; unfortunately you can’t book individual days and we are unable to accommodate walk-ins. This is because the sessions follow on from each other as a full 6-week programme.
- Pop Badge: Yes – for members >> Twycross Zoo Membership
A typical morning at Conservation Club includes…
- Meet, welcome and introductions with Discovery Staff and other club members,
- Starter activity – a short activity to start thinking about the theme of the session – could be a game or a quiz etc.
- Activities – could be any number of activities (each week is different) could be hands-on, enrichment, cleaning out, exploration, arts and crafts,
- Recap activity – a short activity to sum up the activities and themes for the day,
- Return to Himalaya to be signed out and meet parents.
As a general rule we try to include one activity indoors and one activity outdoors wherever possible. Activities can vary from week to week.
Book your places now…
Places are limited, so we advise booking as early as possible to avoid missing out;
- Call: 01827 883 140
- Email: email@example.com
You may also be interested in..
- Zoo Rangers for summer term = More details coming soon
- Zoo Club for summer half term = More details coming soon
- Zoo Club and Zooniversity for summer holidays = More details coming soon
Find out more about
Twycross Zoo membership
Follow us on Facebook
Twycross Zoo Facebook
Join our mailing list
Get the latest events details, offers, competitions, news, and more, direct to your inbox
Twycross Zoo Mailing List