Saturday Afternoon Activity Group for 13 – 17 year olds!
Conservation Rangers runs every Saturday afternoon for 5-6 weeks!
Each Saturday afternoon is packed with a range of zoo-based activities!
Children will learn more about our animal residents and gain a clearer understanding of the role that Twycross Zoo plays to conserve and protect some of the world’s most endangered and at risk animal species.
Some of the practical activities can include: creating animal enrichment, assisting the keepers with cleaning tasks such as mucking out, window washing or poo picking, behaviour research and exploring the zoo. Please note, Twycross Zoo is at the forefront of animal welfare as we encourage our animals to behave as naturally as possible, meaning that we will not have physical contact with our animal residents during the Zoo Rangers programme.
Scroll Down for Conservation Rangers Dates and to Book a Place
More About Conservation Rangers
- Ages: 13 – 17 year olds
- Cost: £46 for full 5-6 weeks, £34.75 for Twycross Zoo Members
- Drop off: 2pm at Costa in Himalaya (Entrance to the Zoo area)
- Pick up: 4pm at Costa in Himalaya (Entrance to the Zoo area)
- Booking: Conservation Rangers must be booked in advance and for the 5/6-weeks in full; unfortunately you can’t book individual days and we are unable to accommodate walk-ins.
Conservation Rangers 2020 Dates
Saturday – 11th January to the 8th February 2020 = 5 weeks
Saturday – 29th February to the 28th March 2020 = 5 weeks
Saturday – 18th April to the 16th May 2020 = 5 weeks
Saturday 6th June to the 11th July 2020 = 6 weeks
Saturday 5th September to the 10th October = 6 weeks
Saturday 7th November – 5th December = 5 weeks
Call: 01827 883140
*Please note – Places are limited so we advise booking as early as possible. Activities are subject to change.
- Find out more about our other zoo-themed clubs – Wildlife Warriors, Zoo Club and Zooniversity
- Discover more about our Education sessions here at the zoo