Safari Sleepover | Family Camping this Summer!
In line with government guidance around Covid-19, we have temporarily closed bookings for our Safari Sleepover events until further notice
- If you currently have a pre-existing booking, a member of our team will be in touch as soon as possible to re-arrange your booking. Please bear with us at this time and thank you for your patience.
Have you ever wondered what the zoo animals get up to after dark? Well pitch your tent, turn on your torch and join us for a Safari Sleepover at Twycross Zoo!
Pitch your tent, turn on your torch and listen out for the call of the wild as you join us for Safari Sleepover this summer. Sleep just metres away from our £multi-million Sumatran Tiger habitat, explore the zoo after dark and hear stories from the keepers.
Start the day right with help of our endangered gibbons as you awaken to natures call, pack up then enjoy breakfast in Himalaya with our snow leopards before a day of discovery in our award-winning zoo.
Terms and conditions apply – scroll to the bottom of the page for more details.
6pm: Arrive at Himalaya and be escorted to camp to pitch your tent
7.30pm: Welcome talk from Team TZ
7.40pm: Animal tracking quiz and how to spot native wildlife with our Zoo Rangers
8pm: Dinner. Bring your own picnic or buy a Pizza and Drink Meal Deal from Himalaya.
9pm: Torchlight Tour led by our Zoo Rangers. An exclusive tour of the animals after hours, watch them settle into their evening routine and see what they get up to when no one else is around.
10pm: Camp & Hot Chocolate. Gather around the camp and listen to the calls of the wild as you hear stories from the zoo with one of our Zoo Rangers
10.45pm: Lights Out & Sleep
7am: Wake up to the sounds of our Gibbons’ morning calls
7.30am: Pack down camp. Pack away your tents and pop all of your gear back to the car before enjoying your day at the zoo.
9am: Breakfast in Himalaya. Enjoy a breakfast roll (vegetarian options available) and a drink (tea, coffee, apple or orange juice) before heading in to the zoo to experience more roar than ever before!
10am: Twycross Zoo entry included within your camp ticket
What to bring?
- Bring your own tent, sleeping bag, pillows and any extra bedding you may want
- Don’t forget your torch to guide you through our torchlight evening tour
- Small towel, toothbrush and tooth paste
- Evening picnic, snacks and water (alternatively you can purchase one of our pizza meal deals)
Terms & Conditions
- Guests should arrive from 6pm and park in our coach drop off entering the zoo via our main entrance at Himalaya. Access will be stopped from 7pm when our main gate closes and will re-open at 7am the following day
- All tents must be pitched by 7:30pm at the latest ready for the welcome talk to begin.
- During your sleepover, there will be no self-led time around the zoo. Guests are not permitted to explore outside of the campsite without a member of the Twycross Zoo Team. A tour in the evening will be led by zoo staff and your sleepover package includes entry to the zoo the following day. Twycross Zoo is open to the public between the hours of 10am and 6pm
- We have toilet and hand basin facilities located next to the campsite, please be aware we do not have shower facilities on site.
- Under 5s are not permitted and under 18s must be accompanied by a parent or guardian
- BBQs, fires, camping stoves or any other cooking equipment are not permitted on-site during your visit
- No naked flames or heating devices are permitted on site (matches, candles, electric heaters etc)
- Your sleepover does not include an evening meal. Guests are invited to either purchase one of our pizza meal deals or bring their own picnic with them
- No pets are permitted on-site
- The maximum number of persons permitted per pitch is four
- Grass only pitches, these do not include electric
- No ball games
- Guests are requested to maintain a reasonable level of noise at all times and all campers should be in their tents and have settled for 11pm at the latest
- Bookings are non-transferable or refundable. In the event of inclement weather such as flooding whilst on-site, we may need to move our campers’ inside or be forced to cancel the event
- Campers must adhere to guidelines and follow any emergency procedures set out by the Twycross Zoo team during their welcome talk
- If minimum numbers of attendees aren’t met your booking will be moved to another date of your choice
- Call our Bookings Team on 01827 883140 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details