Volunteering at Twycross Zoo
Would you like to make a valuable contribution to animal welfare, conservation and education by becoming a Twycross Zoo volunteer?
If so, we currently have volunteering opportunities in the following areas:
If you are enthusiastic, enjoy meting people and have an interest in animals you may wish to join our team of volunteers at Pets@Twycross. Our Pets section includes miniature donkeys, wallabies, goats, alpaca, corn snakes, chinchillas, guinea pigs, rabbits, ferrets and rats. You will be able to assist with cleaning and feeding the animals, handling them in front of the public, speaking about them and interacting with our visitors.
To register your interest for any future volunteering opportunities we may have, please complete the on-line application form. Due to the large number of applications received, we will only contact you again if your application is successful and you are shortlisted for interview. Please apply by following the link: http://www.twycrosszoocareers.co.uk/volunteer/
- Volunteers must be 18 years of age, but there is no upper limit
- Volunteers do not take the place of paid staff, but contribute in a variety of ways to support the Zoo’s education and conservation mission
- Hours will be arranged by mutual consent, but we will be looking for people who can make a minimum commitment of regular attendance over a 6 month period
- Following an informal interview, volunteers undertake a probationary period during which they complete an induction
- Training is provided where relevant and although attendance at training sessions is compulsory, this is not onerous. Once trained, you will receive uniform and a badge to wear when volunteering at the zoo
- We cannot pay travel expenses – please apply only if you live within easy travelling distance of the Zoo
Thank you very much for your interest in volunteering at Twycross Zoo.