Junior Zoo Keeper Experience
Do your little ones love animals? Do they want a behind-the-scenes view into one of the most exciting jobs? Then a Junior Zoo Keeper Experience here at Twycross Zoo is ideal for them.
This once-in-a-lifetime experience lasts 3.5 hours, starting at 9:15am and finishing at 12:45pm. All participants must be between 7 and 17 years old. The experience includes:
- Experience meeting and working with our animals
- Lunch in the form of catering vouchers
- Zoo admission for the junior keeper and one accompanying adult
What Does the Junior Zoo Keeper for a Day Experience Include?
This unique experience will help your little ones learn more about the wonderful animals who live in our zoo, what they like to eat, and how they interact with each other. Our keepers may need a hand preparing food or mucking out an enclosure, which are all daily tasks essential to keeping our residents happy. Activities will vary depending on the needs of the animals.
Junior Keepers will have the opportunity to get close to animals, ask keepers questions and make intriguing enrichment to help keep our furry (or feathered) friends active.
What Animals are Included in the Junior Keeper Experience?
With over 500 animals to care for, no two days are the same for our keepers. This is a perfect way for aspiring young zoo keepers to get an insight into this exciting and busy job! Some of the animals they will be meeting in this experience are:
What are you waiting for? Book your experience, pull on your wellies, and get stuck in!
Junior Zoo Keeper Experiences are available for £150 per child, or £250 for two. The fee includes zoo admission for the child and accompanying adult, as well as refreshments, lunch, and a certificate for the Junior Keeper to take away.
Tickets can be booked for up to two children per experience.
Kids Zookeeper Experience Days Availability
Our kid’s zoo experience days are available only on Saturdays and Sundays during Term Time, and also on Mondays, and Wednesday during school holidays.
We hope you enjoyed learning about our Junior Zookeeper experience and we look forward to seeing your little ones at Twycross Zoo.
Terms & Conditions
- A parent/guardian must accompany the child for the duration of the experience (admission is included)
- The Keeper Experience is only valid on the date of booking.
- If you do not redeem the Keeper Experience on the date it is booked for, it will cease to be valid and no refund or extension will be offered.
- Session lengths are approximate and may vary, depending on day-to-day requirements of specific departments.
- Please note any accompanying family or friends will be charged normal entrance price and will not be allowed access to the zoo until normal opening time at 10.00am.
- On weekend dates we can take a maximum of two children (from the same household).
- Twycross Zoo reserves the right to amend, change or cancel bookings at its discretion.
- The health and safety of our animals is our number one priority therefore we ask that anyone suffering or showing symptoms of a contagious disease (Covid-19, flu, cold etc) do not take part in the experience. Twycross Zoo reserves the right to refuse entry and we ask that you contact us before your visit, re-book and do not attend the experience or zoo whilst ill.