Junior Keeper Experience
Junior keeper for the day experiences are now going ahead. We are currently contacting all bookings that were not able to go ahead due to our closure to rearrange a new date.
Does your little one love animals, do they want a behind the scenes view into one of the most exciting jobs? Then a Junior Keeper Experience here at Twycross Zoo is ideal for animal-loving youngsters.
With over 500 animals to care for, no two days are the same for keepers, including Junior Keepers. It’s a perfect way for aspiring young zoo keepers to get an insight into this exciting and busy job!
Learn more about the wonderful animals who live in our zoo, what they like to eat and how they interact with each other. Our keepers may need a hand preparing food, or mucking out an enclosure which are all daily tasks essential to keeping our residents happy. Activities will vary depending on the needs of the animals.
Junior Keepers will have the opportunity to get close to animals, ask keepers questions and make intriguing enrichment to help keep our furry (or feathered) friend’s active.
What are you waiting for? Pull on your wellies and get stuck in!
Junior Keeper Experiences are available for up to 2 children (from the same household). £150 per child.
The experience includes Twycross Zoo admission per child and accompanying adult and is available on Saturdays and Sundays during Term Time and Mondays, Wednesdays, Saturdays, and Sundays during school holidays. It also includes refreshments, lunch and a certificate for the Junior Keeper to take away.
Call us on 01827 883161
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms & Conditions
- Minimum age is 7 years and the maximum age is 17 years
- A parent/guardian must accompany the child for the duration of the experience (admission is included)
- The Keeper Experience is only valid on the date of booking.
- If you do not redeem the Keeper Experience on the date it is booked for, it will cease to be valid and no refund or extension will be offered.
- The experience is 9:00 until 13:00, available on Saturdays and Sundays and on Mondays and Wednesdays during a school holiday.
- Session lengths are approximate and may vary, depending on day-to-day requirements of specific departments.
- Please note any accompanying family or friends will be charged normal entrance price and will not be allowed access to the zoo until normal opening time at 10.00am.
- On weekend dates we can take a maximum of two children (from the same household).
- Twycross Zoo reserves the right to amend, change or cancel bookings at its discretion.
- The health and safety of our animals is our number one priority therefore we ask that anyone suffering or showing symptoms of a contagious disease (Covid-19, flu, cold etc) do not take part in the experience. Twycross Zoo reserves the right to refuse entry and we ask that you contact us before your visit, re-book and do not attend the experience or zoo whilst ill.